PDA

View Full Version : New Lottery Game - LottoMax/MaxMillions

fred Zed
07-15-2009, 09:08 PM
LOTTO MAX is a new lottery game available to Canadians nationwide starting Saturday, September 19, 2009.

PRESS RELEASE
http://is.gd/1Arxv

LOTTO MAX Prize Structure:

48% of LOTTO MAX draw sales are dedicated to the Prize Fund. The total amount of $20 and Free Play prizes are paid from the Prize Fund and the balance of the fund (The Pools Fund) is then allocated between the 5/7, 6/7, 6/7 + Bonus and 7/7 prize categories as indicated in the table below.

If there is more than one winner in a prize category above the $20 prize tier, the prize in that category will be shared among the winners in that category. A winning set of numbers entitles a winner to a prize in only one of the prize categories:

Match 7/7 $10M-$50M - (87% of pool fund)
Match 6/7 + bonus - 4% of pool fund
Match 6/7 - 4% of pool fund
Match 5/7 - 5% of pool fund
Match 4/7 - $20
Match 3/7 + bonus - $20
Match 3/7 - Free Play

abstinent
07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
i think im one of the few that wants more easier small prize games.

hows keno coming along?
im playing pick 4 lately, box won 3times, and got 3out4(means nothing, but working on it) straight pick once. i find it easier than keno for me.

good luck, cheers

fred Zed
07-15-2009, 09:47 PM
i think im one of the few that wants more easier small prize games.

hows keno coming along?
im playing pick 4 lately, box won 3times, and got 3out4(means nothing, but working on it) straight pick once. i find it easier than keno for me.

good luck, cheers
I think the cost of a ticket for Lotto Max starts at $5.00 ?

Also there are 49 numbers in the new game, compared to 47 for Super 7.
I don't think Lotto Max is much of an improvement on Super 7.
Nothing from Keno lately, I have only been playing once or twice a week.
This weekend I might go through the Keno stats and give it a good shot.

azstraph
07-15-2009, 11:09 PM
$5 per play? Are they nucking futs?

I'm more likely to skip playing this one. Somehow I think this started going downhill when Lotto 6/49 was made a $2 play. I prefer the old $1 play if you ask me.

fred Zed
07-15-2009, 11:25 PM

I'm more likely to skip playing this one. Somehow I think this started going downhill when Lotto 6/49 was made a $2 play. I prefer the old $1 play if you ask me.

Game details:
http://www.bclc.com/app/AboutBCLC/newsReleases.asp?NewsID=765

1.Draws will be held on Friday nights, starting with the first draw on September 25
2.Players will receive three chances to win (seven numbers each) per $5 play
3.In order to win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers (from one to 49)

Toke
07-15-2009, 11:54 PM

I totally agree. When that first 50+ million jackpot was won, people started losing their heads. Apparently, the lottery corporations polled people about how they felt about larger prizes, and 'players' were for it. Personally, I think that any realistic player would prefer the jackpot had stayed at it base 2 million jackpot for $1 dollar.
If this game is five dollars, then count me out. 6/49 is tough enough (and even at $2 the most fair multi-million dollar bet; but don't tell the OLG I said that) and to add another number for the extra $3, doesn't entice me one bit. I haven't looked over the prize structure, but it is unlikely that it will change my opinion.

PurpleMonkey
07-16-2009, 09:07 AM
The Lotto folks are smart, they are not stupid. They want to sell the majority of their tickets for more money, (take out Wintario $1, bring 6/49 to $2, fuck everyone up on Encore, take out Super 7 and bring in Lotto Max for $5 and leave Ontario 49 for the 50 cents players) I am so surprised Lottario is still around.

Now about Lotto Max, notice they'll give you 3 lines for a chance to win for $5

I have secretly developed a system that I win every game, I will share it with you but you have to promise me you won't tell a single soul.

Here is the detail....every Wed, Fri and Sat I don't buy one single ticket from the big 4 Lottos and I saved $2.50 on Wed, $2 on Friday, and $3.50 on Saturday. If I add all the Encores and Pro-line, Keno, Payday, Pick 3 and 4...then I have saved up approx. $60 per week. That is the money OLG cannot get from me, thus I win every game. The only catch is that now I cannot go up to the pretty little lady at the Lotto booth and hear the bells ring on the lotto machine saying "WINNER!!! FREE TICKET"

baby_blue
09-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Lotto Max is a rip off.
The odds of winning is the same as Super7 ...1 in 28 million. It cost $5 for a ticket with one extra line. You win $20 if you match 4 numbers. ...so minus the $5, you actually win $15. ...TOTAL RIP OFF.

I want to see 50 people winning one million dollar each than one person winning 50 million.

Vov76
09-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Lotto Max is a rip off.
The odds of winning is the same as Super7 ...1 in 28 million. It cost $5 for a ticket with one extra line. You win $20 if you match 4 numbers. ...so minus the $5, you actually win $15. ...TOTAL RIP OFF.

I want to see 50 people winning one million dollar each than one person winning 50 million.

Odds are actually worse than Super 7.

Super 7 is 1 in 20.9 million.

Lotto Max is 1 in 28.6 million.

newtohobby
09-13-2009, 11:40 PM
right on, somebody wants the same thing, I totally agree. I want to see 50 people winning 1 million each. Doubt that will ever happen

Lotto Max is a rip off.

ledder
09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
They should have just tweaked the Super 7.

Now we have a lottery that costs more - with worse odds.

Just watch within 6-8 years, the minimum lottery ticket will be $2.00.

I hav'nt played the 649 since the price increase. I play lottario (best bang for your buck, IMHO) only when it begins to build, though.

They should have a rule, that the maximum amount 1 lottery ticket can win is $10 million. So for example, if one person wins an $18 million jackpot, he only gets $10 million, and the other $8 million is divided between the other prize categories (say give 5/6+b $1m, and so on...).

In the last 2-3 years Ive really begin to question the OLG.

good to go
09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I wish they had a lottery where the prizes are maxed at $500 000, that is enough to buy a nice house and lay back and take it easy and retire at 55 or earlier.:D

fred Zed
09-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I wish they had a lottery where the prizes are maxed at $500 000, that is enough to buy a nice house and lay back and take it easy and retire at 55 or earlier.:D

keno = 10 numbers =$250,000 at $1 wager, $500 000 at $2 wager
Lottario= $250,000

Pugsley
09-22-2009, 09:17 PM
In May 2004 - The price of Lotto 649 was increased from $1 to $2 per ticket.
Along with that increase, the advertising was that Jackpots would start at $5 Million because of the increase....sound familiar?? now its...$3.5 Million..wtf
Now with Lotto Max... ( Price increase to $5 for three lines....also harder odds 7/49 not 7/47)
The bottom line is that - 87% of pool fund - 48% of LOTTO MAX draw sales - (they keep 52% - this is the biggest ever crime) go towards the Jackpot prize..so when ticket sales start to die down just like they did after 649 upped the price... the 87% will be less than $10 Million..... they will start advertising the Jackpot prize as 9 Million...8.5....etc..... they will not keep their word to maintain the $10 million starting point....

I would like to start a pool here on terb...guess the date that the Jackpot drops below $10 Million for LottoMax....
My guess is May 5 2010....

BTW.. everytime they make changes to games the changes either result in more to be paid by the player...or less payouts to the player.... from my inside contact... planned changes for 2010 early 2011 games...

Lotto 649 - 2 lines -$5
Lottario - 3 lines $2 - min jackpot $500K
Ontario 49 - 2 lines $1 - no 50c - changed when the change 6/49 - next June not final

Payday
Draw 2 sets of winning numbers (4) weekly
1 - $2000 week 4 life - 3 numbers lesser payout $20 2 numbers $2
1 - $1000 week 4
Tickets $2 - reduced lines per $2 ticket

Pick 4 - Pick 3 - adding a extra choice to Play sums - ie 475 winner - sum winner is 4+7+5 = 16 -winning sum. additional $1 to play sum ticket prize TBD

fred Zed
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Now with Lotto Max... ( Price increase to $5 for three lines....also harder odds 7/49 not 7/47)
Lotto Maxx was very poorly conceived, I suspect it will be withdrawn
or modified within a year or two due to lack of support.

Pugsley
09-22-2009, 09:31 PM
The bottom line with any change in the future will be that all online games will ask the buyer to pay more to receive extra quick pick lines.... it was even proposed that Pick 3 pick 4 and Daily Keno increase base price while offering additional QP lines..but their survey feedback came back really really bad to touch the $1 price on the daily games.. they will add the $2, $5, $10 options to have it on all daily game input slips with next printing change next year

fred Zed
09-22-2009, 09:45 PM
The bottom line with any change in the future will be that all online games will ask the buyer to pay more to receive extra quick pick lines.... it was even proposed that Pick 3 pick 4 and Daily Keno increase base price while offering additional QP lines..but their survey feedback came back really really bad to touch the $1 price on the daily games.. they will add the $2, $5, $10 options to have it on all daily game input slips with next printing change next year
That would be a disaster. The attraction of Keno and other dailies is the $1 base price
combined with relatively decent odds of winning.

they will add the $2, $5, $10 options to have it on all daily game input slips with next printing change next year
I don't understand. All the dailies have always had $2, $5. $10 options (wager amt)

Toke
09-23-2009, 07:56 AM
My humble suggestions....

I bought my Lotto Maxx tickets already.Noooo..... don't encourage them.

Why in the world would they get rid of Super 7?
The jackpot odds were not great, and the return on smaller 'wins' were too low. So they replaced it with a worse game under the guise of larger jackpots. At this point we might as well have a $5 Powerball like the US.

So Lotto Maxx is on Saturdays?
Friday
I've one some money with Encore but is it really worth it?
Nope. Spend the dollar on Keno, or Lottario, but avoid PayDay.

I've got to cut back on something and Encore would be a starting point.
Yup. Better on Keno, or the extra $1 on 6/49. I suggest pocketing the dough.

keepmovingforward
09-24-2009, 02:33 PM
its starting to get stupid. 1 in over 28mil chance? as if 1 in 18mil for 649 isnt bad enough....

i watched a lady throw 50 bucks down to the lottery the other day. she was driving a shit box. they really need to just keep it simple at 2 bucks......given u play twice a week on the 649...u only get 2 lines and lotto max gives u 3 for 5 bucks...it really all ends up being about the same at the end of the day. though i think lotto max is slightly juicing u more. like im still going to play the lottery. for a few bucks for a small chance...eh...aint bad...u nvr know. but when u start dropping stupid money every week...its gets bad. imagine that lady who dropped 50bucks that day. it could mean that she drops like $200 a month...just hoping she gets lucky...she might as well save the $200 a month for retirement.

fred Zed
09-24-2009, 05:44 PM
50bucks that day. it could mean that she drops like $200 a month...just hoping she gets lucky...she might as well save the $200 a month for retirement

Perhaps she was buying the tickets for a group. Keep in mind
if you hang out at patios every weekend drinking a few cold ones that could cost you just as much or more ! Maybe gambling is all she does for
entertainment. The chance she might win big, however remote, is her fix.

Toke
09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
its starting to get stupid. 1 in over 28mil chance? as if 1 in 18mil for 649 isnt bad enough....

i watched a lady throw 50 bucks down to the lottery the other day. she was driving a shit box. they really need to just keep it simple at 2 bucks......given u play twice a week on the 649...u only get 2 lines and lotto max gives u 3 for 5 bucks...it really all ends up being about the same at the end of the day. though i think lotto max is slightly juicing u more. like im still going to play the lottery. for a few bucks for a small chance...eh...aint bad...u nvr know. but when u start dropping stupid money every week...its gets bad. imagine that lady who dropped 50bucks that day. it could mean that she drops like $200 a month...just hoping she gets lucky...she might as well save the $200 a month for retirement.

Not so. The number of LottoMax combinations is roughly twice that of 6/49 (approx 18 and 14 million, repectively). While the extra lines may appear to negate the price difference, when looking at a lottery, you must also consider the other prize levels and the average return-on-investment. I'll pause here to remind all the 'lottery nay-sayers' that I am fully aware of the benefits of just keeping the money in one's pocket as the best return, but I'm speaking to those who choose to play.

Looking at the Super7, 6/49, and LottoMax, the best two to compare are Super7 and 6/49. $2 each, but the Super7 gives two 'free' lines. The odds per line are roughly 14 and 21 million, 6/49 and Super7 repectively, to one. This negates the extra lines as they are merely there to 'balance' the difference in odds and are of little significance when we're talking millions of combinations. I won't list it, but the lower level payouts for 3/7, 4/7, 5/7, 6/7, and 6+/7 are horrible compared to the 6/49's non-jackpot prizes. The only way to really 'share' in the prize-pool is to get 7/7.

LottoMax, dollar for dollar and with the lesser odds of jackpot, in no way is better than the Super7 it is replacing. IF, you win the jackpot, all of this is null, but in the likely case that you (or any other player for that matter as I suspect that the jackpot is going to go unclaimed much more often than not) don't win the jackpot, there is no chance of expecting the second tier prizes to recoup any losses. If you want to cross-reference what I mean, grab the winning number slip at any retailer for last week's Super7 draw. Add up what was paid out at each level other than the jackpot; add it if you want, but for comparison sake, it will be meaningless. Do the same for 6/49 when a similar jackpot comes around (this is why adding the jackpot is meaningless). Do it again for LottoMax. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the non-jackpot payouts are much highest to lowest; 6/49, Super7, then LottoMax.

Again, this is advice FOR those who play. If you don't, no need to repeat the 'profits' of not playing over and over.

keepmovingforward
09-25-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what driving a shit car has to do with buying a lottery ticket?

i think what i meant really was that i figured if she was spending $200 on the lottery a month...i figured if she was driving a crap car that she may not be well off. and that she may want to consider saving the money....obviously. i can understand what you say you seemed puzzled. but its just my observation of the woman at that time...for all i know she can be a millionaire driving a shit box which is something that does happen. but it was just a simple observation..and i wasnt meaning to generalize everyone who drives a shitbox.

fred Zed
09-25-2009, 11:27 AM
I suspect that the jackpot is going to go unclaimed much more often than not
Correct. Typically Olg sell 20,000 000 to 40 000 000 combinations per draw
before 649 or super 7 is won. Because the prize of LottoMaxx is high, less tickets will sold,
it will take much longer for the jackpot to be collected.
Personally, I am not buying LottoMaxx until jackpot reaches $50m

Toke
09-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Correct. Typically Olg sell 20,000 000 to 40 000 000 combinations per draw
before 649 or super 7 is won. Because the prize of LottoMaxx is high, less tickets will sold,
it will take much longer for the jackpot to be collected.
Personally, I am not buying LottoMaxx until jackpot reaches $50m

I think I may use the same approach. If I approach this astronomically unfair lottery anyway. The only way to really compare this lottery is to compare it to the annual Millionaire Life draw guys (which is quite 'unfair', except for the fact that there is 100% chance of a winner for every draw).

Did you see how they are promoting LottoMazxx? I'm sorry but receiving a free Encore line (which I never buy anyway) when I purchase one LottoMaxx plus an encore? Woo hoo, I get a $7 value for $6. The least they could do is a buy 3 ($15) and get one ($5) free.

BTW, what do you guys and/or gals think the chance of a winner in the first draw?

Longer
09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
LOTTO MAX is a new lottery game available to Canadians nationwide starting Saturday, September 19, 2009.

PRESS RELEASE
http://is.gd/1Arxv

LOTTO MAX Prize Structure:

48% of LOTTO MAX draw sales are dedicated to the Prize Fund. The total amount of $20 and Free Play prizes are paid from the Prize Fund and the balance of the fund (The Pools Fund) is then allocated between the 5/7, 6/7, 6/7 + Bonus and 7/7 prize categories as indicated in the table below.

If there is more than one winner in a prize category above the $20 prize tier, the prize in that category will be shared among the winners in that category. A winning set of numbers entitles a winner to a prize in only one of the prize categories:

Match 7/7 $10M-$50M - (87% of pool fund)
Match 6/7 + bonus - 4% of pool fund
Match 6/7 - 4% of pool fund
Match 5/7 - 5% of pool fund
Match 4/7 - $20
Match 3/7 + bonus - $20
Match 3/7 - Free Play

has no one noticed that you win more with 5 numbers than 6 numbers?????

fukin idiots........ the lottery corp that is......

Toke
09-25-2009, 01:21 PM

fukin idiots........ the lottery corp that is......

This is with the thought that more tickets will share the 5 number prize. Therefore, the fewer individuals who get 6 will receive bigger checks. Same goes in 6/49 between 4/6 and 5/6.

fred Zed
09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
BTW, what do you guys and/or gals think the chance of a winner in the first draw?
Lottomaxx jackpot will not be won for the next 3 or 4 draws.

fred Zed
09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
That will never happen. There will aways be many more winners in the 5/7 prize group than in the 6/7 prize group so the share going to an individual winner in the 5/7 will be much smaller.

Pugsley
09-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I predict no winner tonight... retailers were telling me that the usual Super 7 buyers were passing on this at around a rate of 3 NOT for every 1 playing... and even those who normally played $10( 5X $2) for Super 7 were playing less LMax like only 1 $5 ticket.
Every time the LottoCorp changes something - part of the mandate of the dept. that suggests.. or is responsible for the change ..is that they show how much more revenue it brings in..the OLG knows they wont get more players with a higher ticket so they just take more of what they do get..for themselves....
example... Ticket went from $2 to $5 - factor of 2.5X....
they added 2 numbers 47 >>> 49 now which makes the odds of getting 4 numbers (or 3+B) harder... the prize went from $10 to $20 factor of 2 X.... why wouldn't they make it $25 for that prize.. especially since its harder???
There has been no draw as yet so we can't see what the 5 number prize might be ... so lets do some math before the payouts are announced..

5 numbers long time back..paid around $150....with time..and they think..without no one noticing..they slowly dropped it to $100..$95.... Using the same factor of 2.5 it should now be $250...but mathematically there should be LESS winners because its harder..there are 49 numbers now... so the 5 number prize..if they are honest..should be $270 - $290 range..... watch how the bastards cheat on every prize level they can...the whole OLG is the biggest scam in the history of scams... and they just think its good business.... not only that.... proportionally if less people play it shouldn't make the secondary prizes go down in value... it should just mean less winners of the same prize value..make note what the 5 and 6 number prize amounts are to start this game and when the attention dies down..watch how they "drift" (their term..not mine) it down... did the same with 4 and 5 numbers on 649 after the price hike.....
Yes I play..usually 1 or 2 tickets because they do have some big prizes..their best advertising....but they cheat like bastards and think that no body knows the truth..their own employee... tells me like it is... I shall not vent again... just state the facts from now on.

fred Zed
09-26-2009, 03:40 AM
05 17 19 25 31 38 46
bonus: 04
6/7 $5,899.90 - 40
5/7 $113.70 - 2,595
4/7 $20.00 - 53,646
3/7+ $20.00 - 50,311
3/7 Free Play - 471,416

Next LOTTO MAX Jackpot: $15 Million Est.

Toke
09-26-2009, 09:32 AM
05 17 19 25 31 38 46
bonus: 04
6/7 $5,899.90 - 40
5/7 $113.70 - 2,595
4/7 $20.00 - 53,646
3/7+ $20.00 - 50,311
3/7 Free Play - 471,416

Next LOTTO MAX Jackpot: $15 Million Est.

Surprise, surprise. However, I am at the fact that nobody even got 6/7+. Either sales were that bad, or this game is harder than I thought. At this rate, by early November, I'll be buy my first ticket.

Vov76
09-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Surprise, surprise. However, I am at the fact that nobody even got 6/7+. Either sales were that bad, or this game is harder than I thought. At this rate, by early November, I'll be buy my first ticket.

The sales were actually pretty good - $18,980,035

http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?l=1&pRequest=2&cProduit=38

When Super 7 was $10 million last time the sales were $12,507,166

http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?pRequest=2&l=1&cProduit=3&dateRef=2009-08-14&navig=0

fred Zed
09-26-2009, 12:43 PM

http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?l=1&pRequest=2&cProduit=38

http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?pRequest=2&l=1&cProduit=3&dateRef=2009-08-14&navig=0
True, but despite the higher sales the actual number of LottoMax combinations purchased
in your example is lower than Super 7 combinations. Expect to see many draws in which even 6/7 +B
is not collected. This lottery is a gold mine for the Lotto Corp and bad news for the gambling public.
What % did the house get to keep last night ?

Vov76
09-26-2009, 09:34 PM
True, but despite the higher sales the actual number of LottoMax combinations purchased
in your example is lower than Super 7 combinations. Expect to see many draws in which even 6/7 +B
is not collected. This lottery is a gold mine for the Lotto Corp and bad news for the gambling public.
What % did the house get to keep last night ?

Agree. And the total number of combinations was higher this time because of the promo on Thursday - buy one Lotto Max with Encore get one Encore free. My local retailer told me the sales were really high on Thursday. Nobody won Encore anyway.

They got to keep 100 % from me. I didn't even get a free play on my ticket - wasted $25 last night. No luck with Lotto Max at all. Decided to give it a try but instead I should have played more Keno. At least there's a good chance to win small prize there.

Toke
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM

That just makes me dislike LottoMaxx even more. The sales went up, but the number of lines purchased went down. IMHO, this game will last for a few years (I'm surprised payday has made it this far), but that $10 million starting point will drop by January.

fred Zed
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
That just makes me dislike LottoMaxx even more. The sales went up, but the number of lines purchased went down. IMHO, this game will last for a few years (I'm surprised payday has made it this far), but that $10 million starting point will drop by January.
yes. it will take a few draws for the public to realize that this is an almost unwinnable lottery, and that, compared to super 7 ( which was a bad lottery anyways) Lottomax significantly magnifies losses for the heavy gamblers.

Toke
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
yes. it will take a few draws for the public to realize that this is an almost unwinnable lottery, and that, compared to super 7 ( which was a bad lottery anyways) Lottomax significantly magnifies losses for the heavy gamblers.

This is why I question who these players are that the Lottery Corporations say are polled as wanting bigger jackpots, and inadvertently, more expensive games. No regular player would want that; especially the millions who play, never win, and never will win. Regular players already know the astronomical odds against ever winning $1 million. The 'players' that favour these new games, only do so in theory because they don't play regularly, only dropping a couple of bucks ($5, which may be more than even the occasional player is willing to gamble with) when the jackpot reaches the $25 million and up range while the Lottery Corps use the relatively low paying draws to beef up the the jackpot. Of course this logic applies to every lottery, but now the trend is constant amendment of the lotteries; moving away from an astronomical series of games to an 'unfair' series.

fred Zed
09-28-2009, 07:29 PM
This is why I question who these players are that the Lottery Corporations say are polled as wanting bigger jackpots, and inadvertently, more expensive games.
I don't know who the Lotto Corp polled either, but you can tell from the popularity of scratch tickets which pay on average $50 000 that the average person is happy with just winning a bit of money. I get the feeling the decision makers at the Lotto Corp think people who buy lottery tickets are not very smart to start with, and that they deserve to be screwed...lol

Pugsley
09-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Lotto Max.... by the numbers...
Match Number of Winners Prize
7/7 0 $10,000,000.00
6/7 + Bonus 0 $235,995.10
6/7 40 $5,899.90 = $235996 ~ 4% of prize fund
5/7 2595 $113.70 = $295051.50 ~ 5% of prize fund
4/7 53646 $20.00 = $1072920
3/7 + Bonus 50311 $20.00 = $1006220
3/7 471416 FREE PLAY $ = $2357080
Total prizes paid $4967267.50

Total Played - $18,980,035 @ $5/ticket = 3796007 tickets played

48 % of 18980035 = 9110416.8 - only $4967267.50 paid --- $4,143,149.30 towards Grand Prize pool.

With only $4 Mill going to the prize pool (even though 2nd place prize not paid)...you gotta expect there is no way they are going to maintain the $10 Million minimum base for too long at all.

$18980035 – $9110416.8 (48%) paid/carried over = $9869618.2 for various lotto corps

Odds of hitting 7/7 Jackpot 1 in 28,633,528
Only 3796007 played – less than 15% of combinations were covered

Which means that on average (although truly each draw is independent of another)....
it should take 6 - 8 minimum draws before Jackpot 7/7 winners happen.

Expect some bonus draws around Christmas to try to boost lagging sales...

Consider this... if the numbers just happened to fall that there was a $10 Million winner like 5-6 weeks in a row.. the Lotto Corp would lose big chunks of cash..they dont risk it..the numbers are fixed..thats why they force 2 Quick Pick lines on you.

Toke
09-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I made a HUGE mistake in this response...

Not so. The number of LottoMax combinations is roughly twice that of 6/49 (approx 18 and 14 million, repectively). While the extra lines may appear to negate the price difference, when looking at a lottery, you must also consider the other prize levels and the average return-on-investment. I'll pause here to remind all the 'lottery nay-sayers' that I am fully aware of the benefits of just keeping the money in one's pocket as the best return, but I'm speaking to those who choose to play.

Looking at the Super7, 6/49, and LottoMax, the best two to compare are Super7 and 6/49. $2 each, but the Super7 gives two 'free' lines. The odds per line are roughly 14 and 21 million, 6/49 and Super7 repectively, to one. This negates the extra lines as they are merely there to 'balance' the difference in odds and are of little significance when we're talking millions of combinations. I won't list it, but the lower level payouts for 3/7, 4/7, 5/7, 6/7, and 6+/7 are horrible compared to the 6/49's non-jackpot prizes. The only way to really 'share' in the prize-pool is to get 7/7.

LottoMax, dollar for dollar and with the lesser odds of jackpot, in no way is better than the Super7 it is replacing. IF, you win the jackpot, all of this is null, but in the likely case that you (or any other player for that matter as I suspect that the jackpot is going to go unclaimed much more often than not) don't win the jackpot, there is no chance of expecting the second tier prizes to recoup any losses. If you want to cross-reference what I mean, grab the winning number slip at any retailer for last week's Super7 draw. Add up what was paid out at each level other than the jackpot; add it if you want, but for comparison sake, it will be meaningless. Do the same for 6/49 when a similar jackpot comes around (this is why adding the jackpot is meaningless). Do it again for LottoMax. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the non-jackpot payouts are much highest to lowest; 6/49, Super7, then LottoMax.

Again, this is advice FOR those who play. If you don't, no need to repeat the 'profits' of not playing over and over.

The above bold-print is only the beginning. I said 18 million combinations when I meant 28 million. I was reading another forum which was discussing said lottery, and a poster wrote that the odds were actually 1 in 85,900,584. I thought this poster must have his numbers mixed up, so I went to http://www.olg.ca/lotteries/games/howtoplay.do?game=lottomax&ref=home_menu to confirm my original number of 28 million. IT'S 1 IN 28 MILLION IF YOU DEFINE 'ONE' AS A $5 PLAY. THE ODDS PER LINE ARE 1 IN 85+ MILLION!!! Someone earlier asked if they were nuts at $5 per ticket!? Nuts isn't the word. They're clearly off their f%ck@in rockers! $5, for a 1 in 85,000,000+ to win $10 million??? Not a chance. At $50 million they'll be lucky to see my $5. At best, a $50 million jackpot won't pay a dollar per possible combination! At least the 6/49 and Super& hit jackpots above 14 and 21 million, respectively! I've heard people 'thinking' about playing every combination to ensure a win. While in certain circumstances this would have worked, the LottoMaxx has been 'safeguarded' against that. Not that I'd suggest it, but they've even blocked a lunatic from fulfilling his fantasy!

I tried to compare the 6/49 to the Super7, and then offer that, at worst, LottoMaxx was twice as hard to win (taking the added $3 in account). This was completely wrong. This lottery is like 8-9 times harder when the cost, the average return, and the odds are calculated.

Stay away from this one... Far away!!

Shaking his head and mumbling to himself...(1 in 85 million... no f&ck@n way)

fred Zed
09-29-2009, 01:16 PM
The true odds of picking 7 out of 7 on Lotto MAX

http://lotterysquirrel.com/2009/09/24/lotto-max-true-odd/

http://www.lotterypowerpicks.com/expandedOdds/CDA_LM_expanded.htm

fred Zed
10-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Lottomax
02-Oct-2009
08 27 28 29 31 32 35
& 11

Toke
10-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Lottomax
02-Oct-2009
08 27 28 29 31 32 35
& 11

Any winner?

fred Zed
10-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Any winner?

Toke
10-03-2009, 08:16 AM

No winner and one 6/7+ winner, who will not even collect 1/4 of a million dollars. Yup this lottery has staying power. I wonder how long it will take for people to stop playing until the jackpot is $25 mil+ and the Lottery Corp. can't get the jackpot up that high for two months because of the slow sales.

Keebler Elf
10-03-2009, 09:24 AM
I get the feeling the decision makers at the Lotto Corp think people who buy lottery tickets are not very smart to start with...

I think you're completely wrong. I have no doubt that OLG makes its decisions based almost entirely on statistics. Their data likely shows that they can make more money with Lotto Max and that's why they introduced it.

Toke
10-03-2009, 10:17 AM
I think you're completely wrong. I have no doubt that OLG makes its decisions based almost entirely on statistics. Their data likely shows that they can make more money with Lotto Max and that's why they introduced it.

Sure they are making money. The problem is that when a lottery is 'too hard' to win, the players will move on/back to the other games. If anything, this lottery (LottoMaxx) will only make 6/49 more popular. People may hold their coins and play them on that game. This game will die out soon. Granted it will not be evident by the starting jackpot because they will make so much on weeks when there is no winner that they will be able to 'top-up' the jackpot when sales fall below a $10 million base.

PurpleMonkey
10-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Robbery Max sucks!

I thought they were going to increment (as told by the lady at the "official" lottery booth) each jackpot $10 mil ($10, $20, $30, $40, then the big $50). Where they will have "bonus million dollar draws" thereafter. But last night's draw was $15 mil, WTF? How much is it next friday since nobody won, $16.235? It'll take antoher 4.4 Million years to get those bonus draws rolling.

Keep in mind guys, OLG needs money now (fucked up lawsuits, scandals, media, reorganization and shit), so they know where to collect.

I wonder when will they take away Lottario and replace it with Lotto Max 2.

fred Zed
10-03-2009, 11:54 AM
I have no doubt that OLG makes its decisions based almost entirely on statistics. Their data likely shows that they can make more money with Lotto Max and that's why they introduced it.
Based on statics ? No, their decisions are not based on stastitics alone.

OLG are fully aware that most people either don't understand the odds of winning or they don't bother to check. So of course OLG will make more money in the short-term.
But over the next few months sales of Lottomax will decline as players realize that this Lottery is hard to win and that 649 offers better value for money.

Toke
10-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I should listen to you guys LOL i got recycled paper again :D

Take the $5 and play 6/49 if you want a multimillion dollar lottery. $5 in Maxx=3\65,000,000; $2 in 6/49=1\14,000,000. If they showed those odds, they'd get the response they deserve. None.

ILOVETHIS
10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I tried it twice and nothing, I;m gonna skip it and maybe play it if it hits 50 million

Toke
10-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Is it possible the OLG will realize people are turning back to 6/49 and make changes to 6/49 as well? It would suck if they make the 2 highest jackpot games even more difficult to win. Not that 6'49 doesn't already have staggering odds but, is it possible they go after it next?

The only change I see is making it $5 and 'giving' 'bonus' lines, similar to Super. I understand that they are profit-hungry, but damn, the games are already hard (R.I.P. Super7), now more expensive (6/49) or both (Lottomaxx). It's the fact that the U.S. is constantly reporting $500 million-billion dollar winners. IF the Lottery Corp. is polling players on their desires, I'd guess that the responses are split between bigger jackpots and more winners. Voila, LottoMaxx. Too bad the odds of winning are so remote that the 'bonus money' will be rolled over more often then paid out (look at the rules regarding the bonus structure).

fred Zed
10-04-2009, 05:55 PM
The only change I see is making it $5 and 'giving' 'bonus' lines, similar to Super 7.

Very likely OLG will do this. I did not check the sales data yet but I think the shift to 649 has already started. Another possibility is that Lottomax will experience a sudden death due to lack of support.
Then it would be back to the drawing board for OLG. Personally, the latter is the scenario that I would like to see happening.

dondada
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Would it be 2 much to ask for a lottery that pays $2 million times 5 payouts a week instead of 1 major payout?
Think of the investment potential.: )

call it the multi maxx...

it's what the people want...would it change the odds of winning no...but for your 2 dollars(instead of 5)...ALOT more people would play...

Vov76
10-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I did not check the sales data yet but I think the shift to 649 has already started.

Not yet. It will probably take a few more weeks or even months for people to realize that 6/49 has better odds.

This Saturday sales for 6/49 were $14,096,446

Last two times with estimated $4 million jackpots:

September 5 - $14,481,118
August 29 - $14,794,672

So far compared to Super 7 the odds for Lotto Max only changed on paper. Last two draws did not have numbers 48, 49, so it was still the same, the only difference it is now $5 instead of $2.

I decided to try it again and got nothing (not even free play) on my 5 lines ($25) and won't play until it hits $50 million with additional bonus prizes.

Vov76
10-09-2009, 09:33 PM
No winner again, now the jackpot is $25 million.

Cobra Enorme
10-09-2009, 09:39 PM
the only difference it is now $5 instead of $2.

So they up'd the price 250% and made the odds worse.

"All the lemmings this way please. keep moving." lol

Ol' Sodomy Sam
10-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Well, the lemmings are coming. First draw had something like 18 million in sales, 19 million on the second, and now almost 22 million. Those 22 million in sales mean the jackpot can go up by more than five million per week (a little over six million for the past draw, if they aren't "paying back" some of the seed money to start with). It looks like the have the ball rolling. I see the test coming after someone wins, and the pot goes back to ten million, again.

fred Zed
10-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Well, the lemmings are coming. First draw had something like 18 million in sales, 19 million on the second, and now almost 22 million. Those 22 million in sales mean the jackpot can go up by more than five million per week (a little over six million for the past draw, if they aren't "paying back" some of the seed money to start with). It looks like the have the ball rolling. I see the test coming after someone wins, and the pot goes back to ten million, again.
It could be 10 draws or more before someone wins the jackpot.
Unless sales double, which is unlikely. Lottomax will not see a penny
of my gambling $. If I want to win $250 000 there are lotteries with better odds out there that cost a lot less.

Anynym
10-10-2009, 10:30 PM
My own hunch would be that OLG is targeting "lottery clubs" with the new game - people who toss in a buck or two every week with a number of friends from work and buy tickets together. The higher payouts seem designed to keep the groups interested as the participants have a hope of having something left after dividing the prize money, and the higher price wouldn't need to be a barrier when you have five or ten people pooling their money.

After all, not winning 6/49 or not winning LottoMax wouldn't feel that different. But winning a larger prize might.

The question that only the lottery officials (OLG, BCLG, etc) will know is how many such groups will play the new game, and will it be enough to keep the game afloat in the long term.

Still, with the long odds, I don't expect that I'll be playing the new game any time soon.

Frosty
10-13-2009, 08:38 AM
So I finally bought a Lotto Max ticket, not knowing anything about the new game.

All I can say is RIPOFF. It's the same as Super 7 but you pay $5 instead of $2 and the pot is bigger for each prize win but it's no better odds.

This is the only ticket I'm going to buy.

fred Zed
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
So I finally bought a Lotto Max ticket, not knowing anything about the new game.

All I can say is RIPOFF. It's the same as Super 7 but you pay $5 instead of $2 and the pot is bigger for each prize win but it's no better odds.

Lottomax is not the same as Super 7, odds of winning Lottomax are much worse -
even OLG estimate jackpot will reach $50m 4 or 5 times a year. Which means it can take 10 draws or more for the jackpot to be won. Save your money.

Scenicdrive
10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Lottomax is not the same as Super 7, odds of winning Lottomax are much worse -
even OLG estimate jackpot will reach $50m 4 or 5 times a year. Which means it can take 10 draws or more for the jackpot to be won. Save your money.

What are the odds that anyone will beat it and that of Master Freddie's wheel of fortune will beat it??? Don't tell the good doc all these years of Terb Syndicate's deligent studies don't make any difference. ;) LOL.

fred Zed
10-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Don't tell the good doc all these years of Terb Syndicate's deligent studies don't make any difference. ;) LOL.
lol ..doc, Terb syndicate research makes a difference to the extent that we recognize that if the goal is to win millions there are good lotteries and bad lotteries to achieve that goal.

abstinent
10-13-2009, 07:57 PM
simply not worth it.

any keno wins lately Fred?
2/2@20dollars for me, lol, thats it. hope to master
pairs/triplets for 6/6 7/7 keno, but unfortunately, not there yet.
lota pick 4 doubles lately, so ive stopped that.

fred Zed
10-14-2009, 04:53 AM
any keno wins lately Fred?
2/2@20dollars for me, lol, thats it. hope to master
pairs/triplets for 6/6 7/7 keno, but unfortunately, not there yet.
lota pick 4 doubles lately, so ive stopped that.
congrats abstinent. No luck with keno here lately.
I am playing 5# and 7# this month.
Hopefully I will get a hit b4 the end of the month.

Potang4U
10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
I personally think Lotto Max is a beefer version of Super 7. Pay $5 instead of $2 ticket and when you get 3 numbers and the bonus it's a free ticket with some money. The old Super 7 was just a free ticket.
Stick with 6/49 that's a real jackpot.

PurpleMonkey
10-15-2009, 08:47 AM
I have no illusion that Lotto Max is there only to draw more money from the public. It didn't replace Super 7 because it's better for players. It's there because it's better for the corp! Easy money for the government. Drop GST to 5% and take the money back through lottery.

Let's do a simple math here. Previous poster correctly calculated the odds and I will just elaborate it in more detail:
Lotto Max = 49!/(7!*(49-7)!) = 85,900,584. With 2 additional lines that corp. granted the players so generously, it comes down to: 28,633,528. (or winning once in 550,645 years).
Super 7 = 47!/(7!*(47-7)!) = 62,891,499 or 20,963,833 for 2 additional lines (once in 403,151 year).

If the same number of lines is played in both games, it's grosses up 2.5 times more money for Lotto Max! I don't have the numbers what the government cut in Super 7 was, but I don't believe it was better for the corp. than Lotto Max.

How to draw the suckers into this mega-robbery? Attract them with insanely high jackpots that are not less than 87% of the draw pool! Very few will be able to calculate even simple things I've just done here. It would be interesting to see if the winnings are proportional to the odds. I didn't bother, because I don't play.

There are 2 main ways how to make money: either do something special once and make millions or collect a few bucks from the millions. All other scenarios are between these two extremes.

This reminds me of great French philosopher Voltaire known for his wit. In June 1730, two-year lottery to promote Parisian municipal bonds ends. By taking advantage of laws of probabilities on the terms of the lottery, Voltaire and Charles-Marie de La Condamine and friends dominated the winnings. Voltaire alone won over 1 million francs. Unfortunately, governments learned the math afterwards.
http://www.islandnet.com/~kpolsson/gambling/gamb1728.htm (http://www.islandnet.com/%7Ekpolsson/gambling/gamb1728.htm)

Great post MP! Esp. the one I've highlighted.

Now I wonder, seems to me everyone is winning the jackpot for 6/49 every Wed and Sat since Lotto Tax started. Will we see 6/49's jackpot over 10 or 20 mil? Not soon, not soon at all. Why would they? They already have the Tax Lottery on Friday nights.

Scenicdrive
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
lol ..doc, Terb syndicate research makes a difference to the extent that we recognize that if the goal is to win millions there are good lotteries and bad lotteries to achieve that goal.
Then the research to come up with some secret formula for hitting the big ones or to have your way with lady luck eh??? ;) LOL!!!

fred Zed
10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
So perhaps someone will win tonight:
16-Oct-2009

04 10 18 20 31 35 44
& 29

encore:

Vov76
10-16-2009, 09:47 PM
So perhaps someone will win tonight:
16-Oct-2009

04 10 18 20 31 35 44
& 29

encore:

Not tonight. No winner again. Next week $30 million, total sales $23,012,405.

fred Zed
10-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Total sales $23,012,405.

and the house kept: $19, 887, 207.00
__________________________________________________ _

$23,012, 405.00
( $3,125, 198.00)

House edge: 86%

Toke
10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Not tonight. No winner again. Next week $30 million, total sales $23,012,405.

Guess the lemmings will have to donate for another week.

Funny, because in the event of 'bonus draws' the only way that money is given out in $1,000,000 pay-outs is if the winners match that particular draw. They don't keep drawing until a winner is found, they just toss the 'unclaimed bonuses' back onto the pile for the next base draw. This lottery has holes all over, it's just gonna take the playing public a few months to figure it out.

Just imagine, the jackpot gets to $60 mil, and one or two of the bonus draws have corresponding winners; this means that POSSIBLY one person gets $50 mil, and one or two cash in on the bonus. Then they lump the base. If bonuses are paid out, but the jackpot is not won, they repeat the process as 'the lemmings' keep grabbing at 'the big one' while they're more likely to just hit one of the many $1 mil prizes.

This is gonna get interesting.

Keebler Elf
10-18-2009, 06:55 AM
I say the big jackpot last week and was thinking about buying a ticket but when the person at the counter said $5, I said "fuck that."

I don't mind throwing away a toonie here or there but it's not worth it to me when it's $5.

I miss Super 7 already.

Toke
10-18-2009, 10:29 AM
I say the big jackpot last week and was thinking about buying a ticket but when the person at the counter said $5, I said "fuck that."

I don't mind throwing away a toonie here or there but it's not worth it to me when it's $5.

I miss Super 7 already.

While patting Keebler Elf on the shoulder. At least we have the 6/49 buddy.... the 6/49...

fred Zed
10-18-2009, 03:33 PM
While patting Keebler Elf on the shoulder. At least we have the 6/49 buddy.... the 6/49...
yes...$8 millions, no need to Donate Your Money to the Maxx.

Toke
10-18-2009, 03:58 PM
yes...$8 millions, no need to Donate Your Money to the Maxx.

I have yet to donate a penny to the LottTaxx. However, I have asked shopkeepers how the sales have been going, and they've said 'good'. I wonder how true that is.

Here's a board I troll regarding the lottery...http://www.lotto649.ws/ Never much activity, but I like to hear people's 'methods' and how well they work.

Manji
10-18-2009, 11:20 PM
I have yet to donate a penny to the LottTaxx. However, I have asked shopkeepers how the sales have been going, and they've said 'good'. I wonder how true that is.

Here's a board I troll regarding the lottery...http://www.lotto649.ws/ Never much activity, but I like to hear people's 'methods' and how well they work.

I asked my friend's mom (they work at a convience store) how LottoMax was doing and she said it was not as good as Super 7....Sales were much slower...

PurpleMonkey
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry to go off topic for a little bit guys. But Fred have you noticed OLG.CA posts the 6/49 winning numbers at about 10:10pm and BCLC.COM, which I got the numbers usually before 10pm (Thanks to you!), is now posting the numbers at about 10:20-10:25pm. I wonder if there are any other sites that post the numbers quicker than OLG?

Ok, now back to topic. Lotto Tax SUCKS!

Vov76
10-23-2009, 09:24 PM
$40 million next Friday. Sales - $26,592,350.

Numbers - 4, 7, 10, 12, 23, 25, 36.

10/23 is the date of the draw and both numbers were drawn tonight.

W3bster
10-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Am in an office lotto club as well...I'm paranoid about government lotteries in general...but handing over $5 left a bad taste in my mouth, it's just adding up in general with the other lotteries they're in so I'm looking to exit the office lotto. And I've "gambled" many times that exponentially in the market, but into things where I knew the history of the company :-|...I'm quirky in that I'm overall frugal, sometimes I drop money like it's toilet paper and sometimes thinking of being nickel-and-dimed over time or a toonie or $5 badly spent leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Lotteries...lotteries I don't like. If those in the office lottery win...I look forward to working with a whole host of fresh new faces.

chrispalen
10-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Bought one ticket, quick pick and won a free ticket -- breakeven.
Next draw is $40 million. Might buy one more ticket just for fun.

CP

fred Zed
10-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Bought one ticket, quick pick and won a free ticket -- breakeven.
Next draw is $40 million. Might buy one more ticket just for fun.

CP
Unless sales pick up it will take up to 15 or more draws for the jackpot to be won. I might start buying when the jackpot reaches $50 million which will almost certainly be next week.
I bought one of these: http://www.lottery.cancer.ca/prizes/early.asp
yesterday with the money I saved by not playing Lottomax.

http://www.lottery.cancer.ca/prizes/car.asp

Toke
10-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Unless sales pick up it will take up to 15 or more draws for the jackpot to be won. I might start buying when the jackpot reaches $50 million which will almost certainly be next week.
I bought one of these: http://www.lottery.cancer.ca/prizes/early.asp
yesterday with the money I saved by not playing Lottomax.

http://www.lottery.cancer.ca/prizes/car.asp

Fred, you disappoint me with the thought of contributing. ;) Naw, but I still can't contemplate playing this lotto. The odds of any return, let alone 'profit', are far too great. I'm still shocked that I never properly calculated the Super7 odds.

fred Zed
10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Fred, you disappoint me with the thought of contributing. ;)
lol..You are right. The big jackpots are always a big temptation but I should keep the promise I made to myself to stay far away from Lottomax.

Keebler Elf
10-25-2009, 07:13 AM
I see a lot of advertising right now for Lotto Max.

Could be because it's new, or could be because it's new and not doing very well.

I have wanted to play the lotto several times in the past few weeks but I found the 649 wasn't big enough at the times I wanted to play and/or I don't feel like blowing $5 on Lotto Max.

So instead I play nothing and save my money. :o

fred Zed
10-25-2009, 11:32 AM
I see a lot of advertising right now for Lotto Max.

They are getting desperate. But what if the Lottomax jackpot is not won for another 6 or 12 months, which is entirely possible given the astronomical odds, what will they do ???

Scenicdrive
10-25-2009, 02:16 PM
They are getting desperate. But what if the Lottomax jackpot is not won for another 6 or 12 months, which is entirely possible given the astronomical odds, what will they do ???

Worry not, Freddie, eventually someone will hit the big one as long as Lotto Max is still in business. Will that be you or the good doc is the mystery. ;) LOL!!!

fred Zed
10-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Worry not, Freddie, eventually someone will hit the big one as long as Lotto Max is still in business. Will that be you or the good doc is the mystery. ;) LOL!!!
I am sure someone will win Lottomax eventually. Keep in mind
the population of Canada is only 32 000 000. The odds of winning
Lottomax are 1:85 000 000 so even if every man, woman and child In Canada were to buy a ticket every week that would not be enough to cover all the Lottomax combinations! If this was in US with a population of 304 million
the market would be large enough to support Lottomax.

Scenicdrive
10-25-2009, 08:46 PM
I am sure someone will win Lottomax eventually. Keep in mind
the population of Canada is only 32 000 000. The odds of winning
Lottomax are 1:85 000 000 so even if every man, woman and child In Canada were to buy a ticket every week that would not be enough to cover all the Lottomax combinations! If this was in US with a population of 304 million
the market would be large enough to support Lottomax.

Professor Freddie:

You do not need enough population to cover all combinations. You just need someone who is really lucky to hit the right combination. May the force be with you. :)

fred Zed
10-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Professor Freddie:

You do not need enough population to cover all combinations. You just need someone who is really lucky to hit the right combination. May the force be with you. :)
True and false doc..lol
The law of averages dictates that for the jackpot to be won the population
must be large enough to purchase all the available combinations. In the event that is not the case it will take much longer for the jackpot to be collected.

Scenicdrive
10-26-2009, 10:25 AM
True and false doc..lol
The law of averages dictates that for the jackpot to be won the population
must be large enough to purchase all the available combinations. In the event that is not the case it will take much longer for the jackpot to be collected.

So Master Freddie:

You do not need the light side and the dark side to win it all. Please do not take lightly the power of luck. The phenomenon of luck over-rides the law of averages in lotto picking. You just need to buy a ticket and have lady luck on your side to constitute the necessary and sufficient condition for hitting the big jackpot. May the force be with us. LOL!!! ;)

chrispalen
10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I agree with ScenicDrive on not taking lightly the power of luck. We all know the odds of winning these lotteries. However, there are always some lucky ones who win. I am sure we have all heard of stories about someone buying a ticket and the store clerk by mistake sold him an encore ticket which he did not ask for and he decided to take it and ended up winning a lot of $. There was also one guy who bought a ticket one hour before the draw and the store clerk told him to buy one from the pre-printed tickets and he won $235 million. These lucky persons literally had the $$ handed to them by Lady Luck.

May the Force be with the lucky ones.

CP

fred Zed
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
I agree with ScenicDrive on not taking lightly the power of luck. We all know the odds of winning these lotteries. However, there are always some lucky ones who win. I am sure we have all heard of stories about someone buying a ticket and the store clerk by mistake sold him an encore ticket which he did not ask for and he decided to take it and ended up winning a lot of $. There was also one guy who bought a ticket one hour before the draw and the store clerk told him to buy one from the pre-printed tickets and he won $235 million. These lucky persons literally had the $$ handed to them by Lady Luck.

May the Force be with the lucky ones.

CP
That will happen, but usually that is because the Lotto Corp
has made big sales and all the available combinations have been sold out !

Have you checked the winning data for ONT49 ? Sales for that lottery are relatively light and usually
the jackpot lingers for months without anyone winning it. Same will happen with Lottomax.Compare with 649 with higher sales where the jackpot is collected almost every other week.
Someone will win Lottomax eventually but that could take a long time.

Scenicdrive
10-27-2009, 03:59 PM
That will happen, but usually that is because the Lotto Corp
has made big sales and all the available combinations have been sold out !

Have you checked the winning data for ONT49 ? Sales for that lottery are relatively light and usually
the jackpot lingers for months without anyone winning it. Same will happen with Lottomax.Compare with 649 with higher sales where the jackpot is collected almost every other week.
Someone will win Lottomax eventually but that could take a long time.

Hmmm....Freddie, do you intend to win the big one via playing the system or dumb luck or both??? ;)

fred Zed
10-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Hmmm....Freddie, do you intend to win the big one via playing the system or dumb luck or both??? ;)
A system is out of the question for Lottomax doc, since for $5 you only get
one self - constructed line. A good system typically requires several combinations. Too expensive for Lottomax.

Scenicdrive
10-28-2009, 12:12 PM
A system is out of the question for Lottomax doc, since for $5 you only get
one self - constructed line. A good system typically requires several combinations. Too expensive for Lottomax.

Geezzz....$5 per line with very lousy chance of winning is too steep. What are these Lottomax people thinking??? :rolleyes:

fred Zed
10-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Geezzz....$5 per line with very lousy chance of winning is too steep. What are these Lottomax people thinking??? :rolleyes:
correct doc ! Point is the Lottomax people are not thinking very hard !

tool_man05
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I thought the original deal with lotto max was 3 lines for $5, that changed?

chrispalen
10-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Nothing has been changed. Still is $5 for 3 lines and $1 for each encore.

CP

fred Zed
10-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I thought the original deal with lotto max was 3 lines for $5, that changed?

What I said was $5 buys you only one of your own lines.

fred Zed
10-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Is someone going to win Lottomax and live happily ever after as promised in the LottoMax ads ? A friend of mine who owns a variety store tells me sales of Lottomax were very good today.

Frosty
10-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Is someone going to win Lottomax and live happily ever after as promised in the LottoMax ads ? A friend of mine who owns a variety store tells me sales of Lottomax were very good today.

People only see the BIG jackpot. Sales are gonna go up if no one wins tonite cause it'll just mean $50 million next week. Who's gonna pass up on a chance even if the odds are against you.

fred Zed
10-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Lottomax
October 30-09
06-09-10-14-17-18-19
Bonus:46

Vov76
10-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Sales $35,057,030, winners - 0, next week's jackpot will be $50 million + 10 MaxMillions prizes.

HOF
10-30-2009, 09:41 PM
So next week, there will be 10 winners of 1 million is that correct?

Vov76
10-30-2009, 09:45 PM

Only if they match 7 numbers.

From OLG:

For each MAXMILLIONS Draw, seven numbers are drawn from among all numbers from 1 to 49. Players must match all seven numbers drawn to win a MAXMILLIONS prize. If there is more than one winner in a MAXMILLIONS Draw, the MAXMILLIONS prize will be shared among the winners in that draw.

Any excess of the 7/7 prize category for any given draw over the 7/7 Cap, less all $1-million MAXMILLIONS prizes available for that draw, will be added to the 6/7 + Bonus prize category for such draw or, if the 6/7 + Bonus prize category is not won, will be added to the 7/7 prize category of the next draw. Any amount not won in a MAXMILLIONS Draw(s) is added to the 7/7 prize category of the next draw.

Example 1: Amount of the 7/7 prize category reaches $55,500,000.

7/7 prize category in the Main Draw capped at $50 million.
Five MAXMILLIONS Draws of $1 million each.
$500,000 added to the 6/7 + Bonus prize category of the Main Draw.

fred Zed
10-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Odds of winning for MAXMILLIONS are the same as for Lottomax
1:85 000 000 & you have to match 7/7. Very likely there will be no MAXMILLIONS winner this coming week and for several weeks after that.

Toke
10-31-2009, 12:56 AM

That's what I said! But I used 'crazy'.

Toke
10-31-2009, 12:59 AM
Odds of winning for MAXMILLIONS are the same as for Lottomax
1:85 000 000 & you have to match 7/7. Very likely there will be no MAXMILLIONS winner this coming week and for several weeks after that.

Next week will show the difficulty in winning LottoTaxx. How bad will the game look if nobody wins the jackpot or the extra draws. I hope this happens as even the 'lay' player will start to 'smell the rat'.

fred Zed
10-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Next week will show the difficulty in winning LottoTaxx. How bad will the game look if nobody wins the jackpot or the extra draws. I hope this happens as even the 'lay' player will start to 'smell the rat'.
Toke, do you know the exact odds of winning MaxMillions and how the draws
will be conducted ? Not that I plan to play...lol

and..interesting post here:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.lottery/browse_thread/thread/ecd344e899449cee

Toke
11-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Toke, do you know the exact odds of winning MaxMillions and how the draws
will be conducted ? Not that I plan to play...lol

I believe that the odds of winning the extra draws are the same as winning the main draw; 1 in 85,000,000+. The draws will be independent. Granted sales will likely increase, but unless they sell 10x more than they have been, as you said before, they will not have sold every possible combination and the chance that there is no winner is quite good.

Toke
11-01-2009, 09:41 AM
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.lottery/browse_thread/thread/ecd344e899449cee

Nice rant... I agree.

fred Zed
11-01-2009, 11:02 AM
I believe that the odds of winning the extra draws are the same as winning the main draw; 1 in 85,000,000+. The draws will be independent. Granted sales will likely increase, but unless they sell 10x more than they have been, as you said before, they will not have sold every possible combination and the chance that there is no winner is quite good.
You are correct, OLG updated their web page.
But it's still not clear if 10 maxmillions = 10 separate draws, one for each million ?
Not that it would make much difference to the outcome !

Toke
11-01-2009, 12:54 PM
You are correct, OLG updated their web page.
But it's still not clear if 10 maxmillions = 10 separate draws, one for each million ?
Not that it would make much difference to the outcome !

http://www.olg.ca/lotteries/games/howtoplay.do?game=lottomax

Just took a peak at the OLG's site regarding the extra draws. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you scroll down to the 'Examples' section regarding the 'Maxmillions' draws, I believe that this Friday will have one main draw (for $50 million) and ten subsequent draws ($1 million each). I'm not playing, but am very interested to see how many 7/7 winners there are when they do eleven draws in one night. My guess is four max; and that is not saying that anyone will hit the main draw.

Here's another interesting note. So far there have been six draws. Taking the fact that eight numbers are drawn (one of which is the bonus number) it makes perfect sense to assume that more people would hit 6+/7 than 7/7. However, in those six draws only four times has 6+/7 been achieved and never twice in the same week. So not only has nobody claimed the jackpot, nobody is even getting the second place prize. Talk about cash grab!!

fred Zed
11-01-2009, 02:06 PM

I'm not playing, but am very interested to see how many 7/7 winners there are when they do eleven draws in one night. My guess is four max; and that is not saying that anyone will hit the main draw.

Thanks,,but I think you are being generous...lol.. Even with the 10 extra draws I don't think there will be a single jackpot winner. Lottomax odds are so difficult to overcome running extra draws will not compensate for the problem. Now, if sales were to increase significantly, say to $100 000 000, that might make a difference. I think when the Lotto Corp designed this Lottery, they were counting on significantly higher sales than what they are currently achieving.
The best prices will most likely be 6/7 + B for the main draw, and 6/7 for the maxmillions draws.
And if someone's goal is to win one $million, they might as well play ONT49. Better odds and much cheaper than Lottomax/maxmillions.

Toke
11-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks,,but I think you are being generous...lol.. Even with the 10 extra draws I don't think there will be a single jackpot winner. Lottomax odds are so difficult to overcome running extra draws will not compensate for the problem. Now, if sales were to increase significantly, say to $100 000 000, that might make a difference. I think when the Lotto Corp designed this Lottery, they were counting on significantly higher sales than what they are currently achieving.
The best prices will most likely be 6/7 + B for the main draw, and 6/7 for the maxmillions draws.
And if someone's goal is to win one $million, they might as well play ONT49. Better odds and much cheaper than Lottomax/maxmillions.

Right again! Yes, I probably was generous, but the Lotto Corp. had better hope my generous prediction comes true. The public may want bigger, and more chances to become millionaires, but when the odds become so heavily stacked against ANYONE winning, they may not play for long. If what you said is true (which I am inclined to believe), that this game can conceivably have no winner for months on end, then the chance of this week's $50 million jackpot being 'rolled-over' for the next few weeks will slowly turn people off. How long can you expect the the public to lunge at a jackpot that nobody seems to win. This actually goes against their marketing campaign of insisting that winners have their pictures taken and published. So far no winners to photograph.

BTW, the extra draws don't pay on 6/7. Get 'em all, or get $0.

HOF
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Ya, but you can't win if you don't play.

Toke
11-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Ya, but you can't win if you don't play.

This is true, but as a person who is gambling in a game where the odds are roughly 1:14,000,000 at best to win $1 million minimum (6/49 games), I'll place my bets in the direction of enough $$$, not an obscene cost and odds to win $$$$$$$. Just my two cents. It's like gambling at a casino for me. I don't really care to make $1000 into $2000. Not because I don't want the money, but with the odds stacked against me, only in favour of making a profit that won't change much (outside of the next few days), I'd rather drop my toonie and hope to retire.

pizzaboo
11-02-2009, 03:27 AM
I was under the impression that all maxmillion draws were mandatory wins in that they will continue to draw bonus number sets until the computers verify that a wining ticket was issued . If this is not true then in a few months we could have hundreds of bonus draws to be done each week ?

Any other thoughts on this ?

Boo

pizzaboo
11-02-2009, 04:11 AM
I have been to the OLG site and it appears that Maxmillion draws carry over to the next draw being added to the main jackpot prize pool. When the main jackpot is won these will push the jackpot back to $ 50 million almost imediately . It seems unlikely that the extra draws will ever fully clear . We may see your ticket playing for one $ 50 million prize and 50 $ 1 million dollar prizes before the end of the year . I will keep playing my $ 5 and will be interested to see how this plays out .

Is the hobby budget 5 or 10 percent of a good lottery win ?

Boo

fred Zed
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I was under the impression that all maxmillion draws were mandatory wins in that they will continue to draw bonus number sets until the computers verify that a wining ticket was issued . If this is not true then in a few months we could have hundreds of bonus draws to be done each week ?

Any other thoughts on this ?

Boo
Just spoke to OLG - one draw for every maxmillion
- If no winner in Maxmillions
money is returned to Lottomax prize fund

dhs
11-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Just spoke to OLG - one draw for every maxmillion
- If no winner in Maxmillions
money is returned to Lottomax prize fund

Hi Fred

r u playing Friday night???????

Cheers
DHS

fred Zed
11-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi Fred

r u playing Friday night???????

Cheers
DHS
Lol...you must be joking. Most definitely
I will not play Lottomax. But 649 is 8 millions
- not bad.
Will you play ?

Toke
11-04-2009, 06:37 PM
- not bad.
Will you play ?

That's the Freddie I know!

dhs
11-05-2009, 05:06 PM
- not bad.
Will you play ?

I bought a ticket today...I know the odds are bad but you can't win if you don't have a ticket!

Cheers!

DHS

Lotto 649 est $12 million!

fred Zed
11-05-2009, 07:30 PM
...I know the odds are bad but you can't win if you don't have a ticket!

Cheers!

DHS

Lotto 649 est $12 million!
Good luck Dhs, but I think with Lottomax you will most definitely lose even if you have ticket...lol
Me..I will play 649 with the money that I saved by not playing Lottomax.

baby_blue
11-06-2009, 12:27 AM
I wish everyone should boycott LottoMax ...it will really make the OLG people look foolish. Maybe even a law suit against OLG. A I in 85 million odds to win should be illegal..and should be written in the criminal code.

I hope the jackpot will hit over 100 million and nobody wins, or it will take years before someone wins the first jackpot.

Toke
11-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I wish everyone should boycott LottoMax ...it will really make the OLG people look foolish. Maybe even a law suit against OLG. A I in 85 million odds to win should be illegal..and should be written in the criminal code.

I hope the jackpot will hit over 100 million and nobody wins, or it will take years before someone wins the first jackpot.

One more reason not play. The Jackpot is capped at $50 million.

fred Zed
11-06-2009, 07:11 AM

I think they may already be getting a lot of phone calls from irate customers.
When I called the Lottomax dept earlier this week they put me an hold for about 20 minutes. Then it it took another 15 minutes for the OLG rep to research my questions and consult with his supervisor.
Tonight could prove to be a turning point. If the Lottomax jackpot and most of the Maxmillions jackpots go uncollected ( as is likely) the public may finally realize this lottery is unwinnable.

dhs
11-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I think they may already be getting a lot of phone calls from irate customers.
When I called the Lottomax dept earlier this week they put me an hold for about 20 minutes. Then it it took another 15 minutes for the OLG rep to research my questions and consult with his supervisor.
Tonight could prove to be a turning point. If the Lottomax jackpot and most of the Maxmillions jackpots go uncollected ( as is likely) the public may finally realize this lottery is unwinnable.

Maybe they can arrange for a winner tonight - they have screwed up many many times in the past.

Cheers

DHS

baby_blue
11-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Fred Zed:

I hope you are so right!
What was your question(s) to the OLG?

fred Zed
11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Fred Zed:

I hope you are so right!
What was your question(s) to the OLG?
Question 1:Will the Maxmillions draws result in mandatory wins ?

answer:no

2: What will happen if in all the 10 Maxmillions draws this week the best outcome
is 6/7 ?

answer: no prizes will awarded for 6/7 on Maxmilllions.
If this happens money will be returned to the Lottomax prize fund.

Madame Lucie
11-06-2009, 12:06 PM
all of these lotteries?

I would really love to know where this money actually goes...in detail

And if total disclosure is there, please could somebody direct me to this info!

I hear Toronto wants to impose a 'Just Toronto Tax'...

Is this nuts?

We have a viable downtown core, MORE THAN MOST CITIES OUR SIZE...why squirt everybody out of town to shop, besides all of the other ramifications?

Where, oh where do the lottery monies go?

Certainly not in my undies.

Madame Lucie

chrispalen
11-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I am playing both Lotto 6/49 and LottoMax this week.

CP

Vov76
11-06-2009, 06:55 PM
all of these lotteries?

I would really love to know where this money actually goes...in detail

And if total disclosure is there, please could somebody direct me to this info!

I hear Toronto wants to impose a 'Just Toronto Tax'...

Is this nuts?

We have a viable downtown core, MORE THAN MOST CITIES OUR SIZE...why squirt everybody out of town to shop, besides all of the other ramifications?

Where, oh where do the lottery monies go?

Certainly not in my undies.

Madame Lucie

http://www.olg.ca/about/economic_benefits/index.jsp

Vov76
11-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Good luck Dhs, but I think with Lottomax you will most definitely lose even if you have ticket...lol
Me..I will play 649 with the money that I saved by not playing Lottomax.

Any luck with 6/49 ?

Actually I don't understand why everyone is in love with 6/49. Yes it is only $2 (compared to $5 for Lotto Max) but it's one lousy line. 6/49 is also too expensive and I don't think it's much better than Lotto Max. They have winners all the time but how does it help us ? All readers of this thread have been playing 6/49 for many years and still nothing. I have had the worst luck with 6/49 and won more from Keno in the last two months than 6/49 in the past 10 years.

fred Zed
11-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Any luck with 6/49 ?

They have winners all the time but how does it help us ? All readers of this thread have been playing 6/49 for many years and still nothing. I have had the worst luck with 6/49 and won more from Keno in the last two months than 6/49 in the past 10 years.
You answered your own question. Odds for 649 are much better than Lottomax. Just in my neighbourhood alone at least 2 people have won the jackpot in recent years. I agree that odds for keno are even better. The jackpots are relatively small but it is possible to win money at Keno.
As for your contribution to Lottomax, let's just say wait till the draw later tonight.
I sincerely hope someone wins, but I am just glad I saved some money by not playing Lottomax...lol

Vov76
11-06-2009, 09:03 PM
You answered your own question. Odds for 649 are much better than Lottomax. Just in my neighbourhood alone at least 2 people have won the jackpot in recent years. I agree that odds for keno are even better. The jackpots are relatively small but it is possible to win money at Keno.
As for your contribution to Lottomax, let's just say wait till the draw later tonight.
I sincerely hope someone wins, but I am just glad I saved some money by not playing Lottomax...lol

Must be a very lucky neighbourhood. Nothing here. It's 11 p.m. and still no numbers for Lotto Max, they are probably changing the winning numbers to make sure there's at least one winner for Maxmillions :rolleyes:

baby_blue
11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
If someone actually win this week. ...something fishy is going on...numbers are fixed.

ledder
11-07-2009, 02:37 AM
so, nobody wins for 10 weeks then as soon as it hits 50 million + max's -3 people win.

Very suspicious.

Are the draws shown live, anywhere?

fred Zed
11-07-2009, 04:28 AM
so, nobody wins for 10 weeks then as soon as it hits 50 million + max's -3 people win.

Very suspicious.

I think if you check the sales $54 000 000
they are double what they have been in previous weeks.
That's part of the explanation for the result.
It's good that they have some winners. But many
people lost a lot of money on Lottomax last night.

needinit
11-07-2009, 06:47 AM

Very suspicious.

Are the draws shown live, anywhere?

Not sure where you got your number of winners from, but this iis on the olg website:

$50 mill 1 winner
Max Millions: 2 winners of $1 mill, 2winners each for another 2 of the $1 mill prizes (so $500k each). Total winners of the 'big' prizes: 7 individuals

More tickets sold = more likely a winning combination is selected!

dhs
11-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Not sure where you got your number of winners from, but this iis on the olg website:

$50 mill 1 winner
Max Millions: 2 winners of $1 mill, 2winners each for another 2 of the $1 mill prizes (so $500k each). Total winners of the 'big' prizes: 7 individuals

Hey Fred,

No lotto Max winner for DHS
But Keno , my numbers came in , but I did not play--c'est la vie!:eek:

Cheers

DHS

fred Zed
11-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey Fred,

No lotto Max winner for DHS
But Keno , my numbers came in , but I did not play--c'est la vie!:eek:

Cheers

DHS
lol serves you right DHS for contributing to the MAXX.
You should have used that money to play Keno.

Pugsley
11-07-2009, 08:06 AM
You can watch the main draw here:

http://www.olg.ca/lotteries/lottomax_draws.jsp?passvid=0

notice how the lighting is so dark around the machine..... that is an interesting change from when the showed video for other draws.. check for yourself...hmmm

it says...to watch the MaxMillions draws click below... but the below part is not video...just made up sliding balls... graphics????

Has anyone answered why none of the numbers were available until well after midnight...
this is typical OLG.... but just to add one point.... there may have been one main winner of the 50 Million ..but the way the numbers came out (so tightly grouped) will (and should)most certainly mean significantly less secondary winners re the main draw.... they think no body notices that...but truely and without any doubt.. the scamming continues... regardless of any OLG firings etc... the operations area that runs the draws goes on its merry way without inspection or public or media critique... this is really the issue and how this goes on without question absolutely floors me.....
Can you imagine... some lucky??? souls hit the odds of 1 in 85million (those are the actual odds per played line) and gets 1 million (6 get 1/2 million) for a $5 play..only the OLG/ILG can get away with such a joke. Sure for the Max millions they will make it so there are a couple of winners ..cuz it would be sooooooo embarassing if it didnt.
Look at the secondary payouts... 5 winners for 6/7 + bonus get $133 thousnad each... lol.... these winners are usually well hidden and not advertised and it would not surprize if there was not 5 but less winners... they say 5 just to reduce how much they actually pay ... sad
These are not posted as far as I can see so here goes..
Main Numbers 2 -7 -8 - 11 -16 - 17 - 18 Bonus 12 - 1 winner 7/7 Manitoba

Max Millions 7/7
01 03 10 24 31 32 42
$1,000,000.00

24 28 30 32 43 44 47
$1,000,000.00

02 19 30 38 40 46 47
$1,000,000.00

10 13 17 18 26 28 40
$1,000,000.00

01 04 10 21 29 36 40
$1,000,000.00

06 09 10 24 29 47 49
$1,000,000.00

02 14 16 18 23 36 44
$1,000,000.00

09 14 24 35 37 38 40
$500,000.00

06 08 11 21 23 28 48
$500,000.00

07 11 14 16 34 44 46
$500,000.00

With $50 Million played... that is actually only 10 million tickets or 30 million combinations(many dupes) of the potential 85 million combinations possible....
still most of the combinations would not have been played... but the OLG runs their programs to find this combination where the majority of players would not win any secondary prizes either..
The odds of getting 2 winners on any MAX millions number is pretty high yet it happened 3 times... but of course..since the payout is so low... of course it happened.... they say 2.. maybe it was just one but this way they hold back $500 mill from some "Lucky" winner.
Curious how 5 of 10 MaxMillions draws had winners... leaves a nice round number of $15 million for next draw.. starting 10 plus the 5 MAX not won....
How they get away with this..... ? just watch the happy $50 MM winner on TV this week...thats all the free advertising they need to keep the masses playing.

dhs
11-07-2009, 08:22 AM

Fred,

I detect a note of sarcasm in your message and it has been noted.

Cheers

DHS

PurpleMonkey
11-07-2009, 08:36 AM
I played yesterday I will not lie. I grouped my numbers because I notice how fucked up numbers come up with big jackpots. However, my combination was off.....slightly, marginally....okay...shit...by far!

Fuck me.

baby_blue
11-07-2009, 09:08 AM
The OLG made sure someone was going to win. ..they had to.

I totally agree with Pugsley.

Every numbers are recorded ..lets say there was 100 million of numbers of 5,8,10, was played....and only 100,000 of numbers of 36, 40, 47 was played. ..its no-brainer that 36, 40, 47 will be drew.

ledder
11-07-2009, 09:45 AM

$50 mill 1 winner

Your Right. they actually had 9 total winners (1 for main and 8 for max mils).

It justs emphasizes my point even more.

I hate seeing 1 person win a huge jackpot. Its so much better to see 10 people win 5 million. This is why this lottery sucks for individual play.
I think the way to play lotto max is in a pool.

Toke
11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Well, well... Eleven draws in one night, and now they magically have nine people match. Up until this point, people were not even able to get 6+, but now 7/7 winners are more common (granted, from multiple drawings). I'm not one to say that the actual draws are fixed, but it appears that $50 million is gonna be the magic number for people to play. That said, it will be the 'regular' players you build the jackpot and when the magic $$$ is reached, everyone will dive in.

allaboutben
11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
ALthough I havent analyzed this lottery game, given my statistical background, it does raise major red flags. I think its safe to assume they are doing multiple draws to ensure someone wins.

fred Zed
11-07-2009, 02:01 PM
ALthough I havent analyzed this lottery game, given my statistical background, it does raise major red flags. I think its safe to assume they are doing multiple draws to ensure someone wins.
It took them several hours to post the results last night. Normally the results are up at 10.10. I don't like to believe it, but I have some doubts about last night's draws as well.

chrispalen
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM
$50M lotto ticket bought in Manitoba
By THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO - There is one winning ticket for the $50-million jackpot prize in Friday's Lotto Max draw - and it was sold somewhere in Manitoba.

The ticket holder has one year to come forward to claim their prize, which is just $4.3-million shy of the biggest lottery prize ever awarded in Canada. That $54.3-million jackpot was won in 2005 by 17 oil and gas workers in Camrose, Alberta in a Lotto 6-49 draw. Each share was worth $3.2-million.

CP

dhs
11-08-2009, 07:35 AM

Hey Fred,

Any luck with 649 last night???

Cheers

DHS

fred Zed
11-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey Fred,

Any luck with 649 last night???

Cheers

DHS
small profit 4/6 =$65
I think I spent $30.00

you ?

fred Zed
11-08-2009, 04:55 PM
WINNIPEG (CBC) - A Sagkeeng First Nation family in Manitoba is $50 million richer after their ticket came up the winner in Friday evening's Lotto Max draw.......

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/091108/canada/canada_manitoba_man_lotto_max_winners_1
Reports said the family left the First Nation community in a limousine bound for Winnipeg, about 150 kilometres south, on Friday or early Saturday.

dhs
11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
small profit 4/6 =$65
I think I spent $30.00

you ?

At least you won some coin!

I......did not play..still licking my wounds from Friday night!:(

Cheers

DHS

fred Zed
11-08-2009, 06:02 PM
At least you won some coin!

I......did not play..still licking my wounds from Friday night!:(

Cheers

DHS
Lol what's done is done.
You should try Keno tonight dhs. Keno draws are good on Sunday.
I am playing $20.00

kanada2012
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I personally belive like many people here that $5 is just too much.

Just another way to take our money. I rather spend $5 on ontario 49 which is 50cent per play and you have more chances. All I need is a Million$$ anyways

PurpleMonkey
11-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm surprised nobody caught this as of yet:

This Friday's Lotto Max = $15 Million

This past Saturday's Lotto 6/49 draw was est. $12 Million...if nobody won Saturday's Jackpot then this Wednesday's 6/49 would be est. $15 Million

Now now boys, which would you rather play if both Jackpots were the same? So, they had to have a winner for Saturday's 6/49 draw to bring down the Jackpot amount back to $3.5 Million.

"You've caught us with the scandals and lottery retailer scams, now we've changed for the better....we've smartened up in the way that you will not be able to catch us scamming you guys EVER again...*evil laugh* HA HA HA HA HA!!!!"

Cobster
11-09-2009, 04:19 PM
WINNIPEG (CBC) - A Sagkeeng First Nation family in Manitoba is $50 million richer after their ticket came up the winner in Friday evening's Lotto Max draw.......

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/091108/canada/canada_manitoba_man_lotto_max_winners_1
Reports said the family left the First Nation community in a limousine bound for Winnipeg, about 150 kilometres south, on Friday or early Saturday.

A gf of mine told me that she bought it 1 hour before closing time AND she thinks she heard it was a QUICK PICK Fred. :D

fred Zed
11-09-2009, 04:39 PM
A gf of mine told me that she bought it 1 hour before closing time AND she thinks she heard it was a QUICK PICK Fred. :D
I don't play Lottomax . Anyway, how did your QP perform ?

Cobster
11-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't play Lottomax . Anyway, how did your QP perform ?

Didn't do quick pick, played some personal numbers, thought I'd give it a shot.

But the $50 million dollar winners, their QP (if what my friend heard was true), did BRILLIANTLY. :p

Capoeira
11-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Didn't do quick pick, played some personal numbers, thought I'd give it a shot.

But the $50 million dollar winners, their QP (if what my friend heard was true), did BRILLIANTLY.

I'm not surprised that it was a QP winner. Who in their right mind would choose an odd ball string of numbers like: 02, 07, 08, 11, 16, 17, 18.

Even if I played 10,000 tickets for that draw, I would never have chosen a string of numbers where 18 was the highest :eek:

Cobster
11-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I sometimes wonder if the gaming corporation and their computers aren't rigged in the sense that, it knows that nobody else has picked these string of numbers, calculates the odds that someone will pick them in the remaining time left and then BOOM, quick pick for this person.

Really makes me wonder.

Ref
11-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm not surprised that it was a QP winner. Who in their right mind would choose an odd ball string of numbers like: 02, 07, 08, 11, 16, 17, 18.

Actually lower numbers would be a common choice since people would select birth dates in their series of numbers.

fred Zed
11-10-2009, 06:22 AM
I sometimes wonder if the gaming corporation and their computers aren't rigged in the sense that, it knows that nobody else has picked these string of numbers, calculates the odds that someone will pick them in the remaining time left and then BOOM, quick pick for this person.

Really makes me wonder.
Last Friday probably there were multiple draws in multiple jurisdictions
and the draw that had the most winners was picked.

PurpleMonkey
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Last Friday probably there were multiple draws in multiple jurisdictions
and the draw that had the most winners was picked.

Rigged?

Vov76
11-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Tonight's winning numbers - 8, 18, 27, 28, 38, 41, 48 - 36.

Again very strange combination of numbers - 8, 18, 28, 38, 48 .

Toke
11-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Tonight's winning numbers - 8, 18, 27, 28, 38, 41, 48 - 36.

Again very strange combination of numbers - 8, 18, 28, 38, 48 .

For those who spend years of effort trying to figure out the lottery, Friday's draw is gonna confuse the sh*t out of them.

fred Zed
11-14-2009, 04:54 AM
For those who spend years of effort trying to figure out the lottery, Friday's draw is gonna confuse the sh*t out of them.
Lol....Glad I did not play Lottomax yesterday.
Strange result indeed. Not impossible but it makes you wonder particularly when you see comments like the one below from Olg.ca
on their Lottomax page:
__________________________________________________ __
Some of the more popular combinations are based on sequences of numbers, vertical, horizontal or diagonal lines on selection slips, multiples of numbers, variations of historic dates or birth dates, etc. These combinations vary from draw to draw and change depending on customer play patterns.

kissMAass
11-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Last week's $50 mil. winners:

http://www.vimeo.com/7544390

Lovely, track pants and CSI baseball cap. Where do some of these people really crawl out of?

I'm jealous. :D Hope they enjoy it.

Toke
11-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Last week's $50 mil. winners:

http://www.vimeo.com/7544390

Lovely, track pants and CSI baseball cap. Where do some of these people really crawl out of?

I'm jealous. :D Hope they enjoy it.

Out from under $50 million.

basketcase
11-16-2009, 05:32 PM
I wonder how many of the people that despised the change to lotto max have succumbed and now are players.

fred Zed
11-16-2009, 06:53 PM
I wonder how many of the people that despised the change to lotto max have succumbed and now are players.

The odds did not change! Just because there were a few winners in one draw does not change that. The odds are still 1: 85 000000 ! Sales last week were only $25 000 000 compared to $54 000000 when the jackpot was $50 million. Many people don't play Lottomax at all. Don't forget that for several weeks people lost a lot of money on Lottomax and in all probability the jackpot will go up to $50 000 000 before there is a winner.

HOF
11-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm with Fred on this. It will probably go to 50 million before there are winners again.

But, it's worth 12.00 a week, just imagine as the commercial says. However, I haven't seen that commercial on TV as much the past week! LOL.

I'm still of the thought that lotteries should be no more than 2/3 million each and have several winners, but that would be too much to ask!

Toke
11-17-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm with Fred on this. It will probably go to 50 million before there are winners again.

But, it's worth 12.00 a week, just imagine as the commercial says. However, I haven't seen that commercial on TV as much the past week! LOL.

I'm still of the thought that lotteries should be no more than 2/3 million each and have several winners, but that would be too much to ask!

I kinda agree. I can see the good in having multiple winners of 2-3 million being good in an 'overall' sense, however jackpots like that don't get people playing. On the other hand, I see LottoTaxx as a shift to the complete opposite. Big jackpots are nice, but what the 6/49 offers on a regular basis, plus the odd time when the jackpots climb to upwards of $50 milllion, is a much better 'bang for buck' in my opinion.

So all-in-all, I agree with you and Fred.

baby_blue
11-19-2009, 07:51 AM
The OLG said that LottoMax will have more millionaires, but there are only 3 millionaires thus far for the last three months. Super 7 would have produced at least 5 millionaires by now.

fred Zed
11-21-2009, 03:03 AM
The OLG said that LottoMax will have more millionaires, but there are only 3 millionaires thus far for the last three months. Super 7 would have produced at least 5 millionaires by now.

bonus: 24

7/7 Carried Over 0
6/7+ Carried Over 0

6/7 $8,480.50 37

5/7 $130.60 3,004

4/7 $20.00 69,662

3/7+ $20.00 66,318

3/7 $5 Free Play 613,685

Next LOTTO MAX Jackpot: $25 Million Est.
SALES: $25 076 895

Cobster
11-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Glad I didn't play LottoTax, instead went to the Casino, dropped $20 and on my first $3 bet won $720, then another $169 and $131.
I was ahead and left, that was my quickest trip to the Casino ever. :p

Really would rather have won the $20K jackpot :\

Scenicdrive
11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Glad I didn't play LottoTax, instead went to the Casino, dropped $20 and on my first $3 bet won $720, then another $169 and $131.

Master Cobster:

Think BIG!!! Not $20K, but more like $200M. LOL!!!

Cobster
11-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Master Cobster:

Think BIG!!! Not $20K, but more like $200M. LOL!!!

Baby steps Scenic, baby steps. lol

I tried thinking $50mmillion big, you saw how that worked out. :(

dhs
11-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Lol what's done is done.
You should try Keno tonight dhs. Keno draws are good on Sunday.
I am playing $20.00

Any good numbers tonight Fred? :D

Cheers

DHS

Vov76
11-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Not really. It's just Lotto Max is so bad many people think Super 7 was better. Actually both lotteries are horrible. Many people liked Super 7 because it was only $2 but like Fred always said it was the worst lottery and it was extremely hard to become a millionair with Super 7. Lotto Max is even worse because of the higher cost.

Results for Super 7
May 1 - Sept 18 (last draw):

2009-05-01 - No winner
2009-05-08 - No winner
2009-05-15 - No winner
2009-05-22 - No winner
2009-05-29 - No winner
2009-06-05 - 1 winner $17 million
2009-06-12 - No winner
2009-06-19 - No winner
2009-06-26 - No winner
2009-07-03 - No winner
2009-07-10 - No winner
2009-07-24 - 1 winner $20 million
2009-07-31 - No winner
2009-08-07 - No winner
2009-08-14 - No winner
2009-08-28 - No winner
2009-09-04 - No winner
2009-09-11 - No winner
2009-09-18 - 1 winner $20 million

OLG saw that people kept buying Super 7 even though it was almost impossible to win, so they created a new lottery, made it more expensive and created higher (impossible to win) jackpots. People are still buying and sales are higher than Super 7. OLG wins, we lose :(

fred Zed
11-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Any good numbers tonight Fred? :D

Cheers

DHS
hey, dhs. I am not sure if I can make predictions today
as I did not have a chance to review the stats.
But I think I will use 55 as a key number the next couple of days.
Later today I might drop by at the other forum and post some predictions.
Good luck tonight dhs

fred Zed
11-22-2009, 10:54 AM

wow...congrats Cobster! Personally I think you left in too much of a hurry,
you should have risked another $100 or so.

Much better outcome than what yiou usually get from a 649 quick pick, eh ?

Fireseal
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
bonus: 24

7/7 Carried Over 0
6/7+ Carried Over 0

6/7 $8,480.50 37

5/7 $130.60 3,004

4/7 $20.00 69,662

3/7+ $20.00 66,318

3/7 $5 Free Play 613,685

Next LOTTO MAX Jackpot: $25 Million Est.
SALES: $25 076 895

Fred, where do you get the sales stats?

Cobster
11-23-2009, 07:08 AM
wow...congrats Cobster! Personally I think you left in too much of a hurry,
you should have risked another $100 or so.

Much better outcome than what yiou usually get from a 649 quick pick, eh ?

Ya, pretty lucky I'd say.
Tempted to go back again, but I'm gonna fight the urge. lol

dhs
11-23-2009, 08:40 AM
hey, dhs. I am not sure if I can make predictions today
as I did not have a chance to review the stats.
But I think I will use 55 as a key number the next couple of days.
Later today I might drop by at the other forum and post some predictions.
Good luck tonight dhs

Did not play Sunday.
Had a trial run with 55 as a key but no winning combos but did not play!

55 is quite cold!

Cheers

DHS

fred Zed
11-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Did not play Sunday.
Had a trial run with 55 as a key but no winning combos but did not play!

55 is quite cold!

Cheers

DHS
I played $16 worth and lost. I will play 55 as key again.
Hey DHS did you notice on the new Keno play slips they have moved the wager amount around, now they have $10 at the beginning and $1.00
at the end ? It used to be the other way round. Which genius at OLG came up with that idea ?...lol

Vov76
11-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Fred, where do you get the sales stats?

http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?pRequest=2&l=1&cProduit=38&dateRef=2009-11-20&navig=0

Cobster
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I played $16 worth and lost. I will play 55 as key again.
Hey DHS did you notice on the new Keno play slips they have moved the wager amount around, now they have $10 at the beginning and $1.00
at the end ? It used to be the other way round. Which genius at OLG came up with that idea ?...lol

I'm betting they did this for a couple of reasons
1) in case you're used to betting $1 bets, you go make your ticket and the guy says $10 and some people may not be bothered to redo the ticket and fork up the $10

2) to tempt people to drop $10 because it's near the top

Fuckin' OLG, bad enough they're a bunch of scam artists and now they wanna take more.:rolleyes:

Fireseal
11-24-2009, 09:53 PM
http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?pRequest=2&l=1&cProduit=38&dateRef=2009-11-20&navig=0

thanks, and it also has the region of the winner(s)

Vov76
11-25-2009, 05:03 PM
thanks, and it also has the region of the winner(s)

Yes. And it also does it very fast, usually before 11.45 p.m. EST all the information is available on their website. OLG is very slow compared to Lotto Quebec and doesn't provide all the details.

Scenicdrive
11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Baby steps Scenic, baby steps. lol

I tried thinking $50mmillion big, you saw how that worked out.

That time will come!!! Just be patient, Mr. Baby Steps. ;) LOL!!!

fred Zed
11-26-2009, 12:13 PM
That time will come!!! Just be patient, Mr. Baby Steps. ;) LOL!!!
ugh doc ! baby steps, patience and hope are not winning lotto strategies !

Scenicdrive
11-26-2009, 02:15 PM
ugh doc ! baby steps, patience and hope are not winning lotto strategies !

LOL!!! Relax Professor Freddie, Mr. Baby Steps is simply taking another path to the same target. He needs one more ingredient to his winning formula. May the one connects with Lady Luck first wins. ;)

Vov76
11-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Two winners tonight, both in Ontario.

http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?l=0&pRequest=2&cProduit=38

Toke
02-21-2010, 02:46 PM
The Taxx has reahed its threshold again.....

dhs
02-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Hey Fred,

Two winners last night.Did your friend buy a ticket for you?

Cheers

DHS

fred Zed
02-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey Fred,

Two winners last night.Did your friend buy a ticket for you?

Cheers

DHS
I played $25 worth with a friend, we only won $20, did you play dhs ?

nlt76
03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
a retailer in mississauga told me they are giving out free encores on thursday ..think its for lotto max and you have to buy a certain amount of lines.

bartbarty
03-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Ontario got shut out completely.
1 Quebec, 1 BC

3 shared 2nd; 2 Western Canada, 1 Quebec

only 1 ticket got won out of the 9 bonuses and that got shared by 2 winners ...lol
thats why this weeks draw is 19 mil , I wonder if they will offer 9 bonus draws ?

chrispalen
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
You have to buy 5 Lotto Max tickets on Thursdays to get 5 encores for free.

CP

Vov76
03-06-2010, 05:59 AM
Two winners in BC again. No luck for people in Ontario.

tribunus
03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
LottoMax sucks. At least with Super 7 $2 got me 3 sets of numbers whereas this turd requires $5. Who gives a shit if the weekly pot is higher. Give me more shots on goal over a larger pot anyday.